Re: Latest Jessie doesn't respond to /etc/default/tmpfs "RAMTMP=yes"

On Jul 24, 2014, at 10:49 AM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mi, 23 iul 14, 00:12:25, Rick Thomas wrote:
>>
>> I’m trying to get /tmp on tmpfs, so I put “RAMTMP=yes” in /dev/default/tmpfs .
>>
>> But I don’t get /tmp/mounted on tmpfs.
>
> What's wrong with fstab?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Nothing wrong with fstab, of course.  I was, as all good debianistas should when they have a bit of spare time, testing the latest release — and reporting that the documented way using /dev/default/tmpfs wasn’t working.

It seems that this is just another example of the documentation for systemd not having caught up with the the reality of the implementation.

I guess I’ll file a bugreport requesting that the docs be updated…

Rick