systemd waisted 5 hours of my work time today

This morning my work laptop would not boot.  I could not even get to single user mode initially and when I got  as far as that I could not type anything on the terminal.  I suspect some upgrade yesterday caused it.

In the end I had to search for a windows user who could write me a debian-live cd.

Using this, I could, after using some hints shown in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=746358 get my system to boot (taking about 10 minutes do do so) and just as I started to work it rebooted spontaneously.

In the end after several experiments, I removed systemd and as a result a lot of other packages, reinstalled sysvinit and it booted normally again and now I can work.

I know systemd is not an option any more, but if this is the way it is going to waste my time, I will have to look at a reinstallation of my system  and then use something that is less buggy than Debian Testing/Sid.

I have heard from a colleague of mine that on Mandriva and other systems he has used systemd without such problems.

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)