Re: no display manager for 3 days

On Jo, 24 iul 14, 19:18:47, Alan Simpson-Vlach wrote:

> sudo install xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
>
> (My memory tells me this used to ask if I wanted my proprietary nvidia
> setup disabled. That didn't happen this time.)
>
> No change whatsoever.  Invoking startx/xinit still doesn't work.
> I still get the complaint about libglx.so
>
> One respondent said maybe my GLX installation is broken.  How do I fix that?

How did you install the nvidia driver (Debian packages?)? Please also
post the output of 'dpkg --audit' (if any).

I've heard that switching to nouveau should be as simple as

    update-alternatives --config glx

but didn't get the chance to test it myself. I'm guessing a reboot might
also be necessary because nouveau needs KMS. If this doesn't work purge
anything nvidia related and reboot.

If you still have problems please also attach (yes, attach) your full
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.

Kind regards,
Andrei