Re: unable to access website, getting "502 Bad Gateway" errors

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 03:30:02PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> I am totally unable to access two websites that are very important to
> me, they're my own! And they are both listed in the sig of this email. I
> have tried with the following browsers - chromium, google-chrome,
> iceweasel, konqueror, opera, midori, qupzilla, conkeror, links, and in
> all of them I get "502 Bad Gateway", or "504 Gateway Time-out". They are
> both wordpress sites, but I can't even access the home page.
>
> Both of these sites show as being up and running with
> http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ which shows both sites up and running
> OK.

Both the sites mentioned are returning 502 here too. "downforeveryone"
reports them as being up, which is not surprising given the causes of a
502 error.

A 502 error is usually the result of the web server being unable to
communicate with some other server. Check with your hosting provider
that their services are all operational.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Computer Science is merely the post-Turing decline in formal systems theory.