Re: End of hypocrisy ?

Am Montag, 21. Juli 2014, 07:30:40 schrieb Erwan David:
> 	systemd-shim is no more an option in testing. the whole
> systemd with all its bugs (very low shutdown, no suport for
> policy-rc.d, etc..) is forced to users.
>
> It was said that we would have a choice. Were is the choice ?
>
> Were is the transition doc ?
>
> No where, just "go ahead and test". For me it meabns debian is now
> disqualified for serious computing. welcome to game systems.

I highly dislike this situation as well. It has been announced month before,
yet systemd-shim did not yet get updated, but there is a updated package
ready, according to what I read, yet waiting for cgmanager.

Still… also hibernate and suspend with KDE is currently broken with sysvinit-
core. And systemd 208 just doesn´t boot my workstation at work, while it works
nicely with my laptop. But even there I will hold systemd back. I currently
want to do init=/sbin/init in case any systemd upgrade breaks boot. I don´t
trust it enough yet to rely on it like I did with init.

Ciao,