Re: why do we use systemd?

On Sat, 2014-07-12 at 02:20 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 07:25:05AM +0100, Balint Szigeti wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 15:48 +0200, Bzzzz wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 09:01:43 -0400
> > Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > What's wrong with that?  I also have to use Windows, even when I'm
> > > working on Linux device drivers (and have been for 20+ years).
> > >
> > > Sometimes you don't have a choice in the matter.
> >
> > This is because you don't work hard enough *<;-)
> >

> that's not true. there are lots of situations when you just get a PC and
> only that system is enable on the specific network.
> you can't reinstall it to Linux because there is a 'fantastic' sw on it
> which regularly report itself to the server. if this report
> delay, the network connection will terminate. yep, you can ask exception
> for you but the internal policy is banned it.
> so what would you do in this situation?

What??? You are joking aren't you? Future employers may be reading this.

I've just describe a potential situation. I've wanted to give an example, there is a situation when you try, but you can NOT use Linux.
Anyway, if it would be a real policy at a real employer, I didn't share this with everyone.

I've just tried to convince you, there are part of the world where you can try but you are not allowed.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X