Re: copy new backup file from different locations

Thanks Steve, I will take care.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 1:08 AM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 16:00:30 +0500
Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:

> i have five server creating different format files for backup on daily
> basis. i keep 1 month archive in the folder and delete all the old
> files prior to 1 month. and i have to do it manually. i want this to
> be automated. i have created a script which is working fine but i
> need backup softwares like bacula or backuppc do this for me. can i
> do this, because i dont wana backup i actually wont to copy and bring
> all the data to centralized network folder and it should ignore all
> the old file and only select new file from the backup list. please
> help
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yousuf

Hi Yousuf,

Can't you just run your existing rsync backup from a cron job? That
would probably do exactly what you need. Once a day your cron could
also fire off a job that would use find to find everything more than 30
days old, and delete them.

Could I please ask a favor of you? I read over 500 non-spam emails a
day, so I need to do it fast, and rely on traditional capitalization and
punctuation for fast reading. Could I please ask you to capitalize "i",
as well as the first letter of every sentence? When reading fast, it
really does make a difference.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt                *  http://www.troubleshooters.com/
Troubleshooting Training  *  Human Performance