Re: why do we use systemd?

On 7/8/2014 5:42 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> wrote:

>>> Feel free to try to make me believe that Father Christmas and the
>>> Tooth Fairy are real...
>>
>> What's wrong with that? I also have to use Windows, even when I'm
>> working on Linux device drivers (and have been for 20+ years).
>>
>> Sometimes you don't have a choice in the matter.
>
> I use Windows at work too because our desktop team refuses to supply
> us with Linux systems.
>
> If he's going to say "This implementation is going to become Linux to
> Windows" I'd expect him not to use Windows.

I have a choice - sort of.  The problem is, there are too many other
programs I need which don't run (or don't run correctly) under Linux.
It's a problem because I need these programs several times a day.

So I use VirtualBox with (multiple) Linux VM's and QEMU for ARM work.
This allows me to compile, anyway.

Of course, final test is on a real Linux machine - but since much of my
work is ARM based, it's much slower than my development machines, even
under VirtualBox and QEMU.

Jerry