Re: building .debs with "+b1" on the end

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 04:15:48AM -0400, Brian Sammon wrote:
> dpkg-buildpackage definitely doesn't have (at least, I don't see it in the
> manpage) anything as simple and straightforward as sbuild's "--binNMU"
> option.  But I'd be interested in hearing recipes for doing this with
> dpkg-buildpackage.

No, you'd have to do it by hand. a binNMU is just a rebuild of arch-any
packages (dpkg-buildpackage -B) after having added the extra changelog stanza
(which, since it's a binary arch-any only build, means that stanza doesn't go
into any source package)

> Are you saying that you recommend I use a chroot?  For a package I'm building
> just for myself (for just one machine)?

It's probably not necessary for a private package, but that's essentially what
sbuild gives you. It's a "good hygiene" thing to do if you ever plan to share
packages.

--
Jonathan Dowland