Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread: systemd

I am a foolish user of Wheezy. I want to see for myself
what will happen if I switch to systemd today. I find on
wiki.debian.org/systemd a document with steps needed to
install and test systemd, but I have trouble:
After using apt-get to install the systemd package the
next step is (verbatim):

To test systemd before switching to it by default, you can add the following boot parameter to the kernel:

init=/bin/systemd
(end verbatim)

How do I add this parameter to the kernel? I think I must open some
file somewhere, probably in /etc and edit it with vim or emacs
(hopefully my choise) and I should place this string correctly within
that file:

What file (full path) ?
What position within the file?

I think I might be able to guess the position, once I know the path to
the file, and can read its pre-existing content, but I am not such a
fool as to assume that the position will be obvious to a fool.

Thanks and
best hopes for
systemd. ;-/

--