Re: Advice needed re TV internet media machine.

On Saturday 05 July 2014 23:44:46 Ric Moore wrote:
> On 07/05/2014 05:45 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> >>
> >> Will XBMC do the job with your hardware?? If it will run, then running
> >> it as a dedicated server-only might be the ticket. You'd be minus a lot
> >> of other overhead, given the smallish amount of memory you mentioned.
> >> Ric
> >
> > No, not this specialized application of it.  I think that my homework was
> > just inadequate.  As I said, I have come to the conclusion that I really
> > need a computer, but I was hoping for some advice on specs.  I really
> > can't keep buying doorstops, but to buy e.g. an £800.00 machine when a
> > £250.00 one would do the job would be ridiculous.  I don't want to
> > massively over-kill.
> >
> > Amazon sells Prime.  Someone must be able to use it on something.
>
> http://www.howtogeek.com/113491/how-to-get-hulu-and-amazon-video-on-xbmc/

Thanks, Ric. :-)  That looks hopeful.  Now if I could just get catch-up
TV.....

I'm also having trouble using the remote.  I have found lots of stuff via
Google that says go to here, then go to there, but absolutely nothing that
says *how* to get there.  I have managed to open the video folder, and turn
the m/c off.  And that is it!!  I even tried plugging in a mouse and
keyboard, but they didn't work.

I think that I have bitten off more than I can chew.  I should stick
to "normal" computers.  I grock them. :-(

Lisi