Re: Sound stopped working after kernel upgrade from 3.2 to 3.14

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 21:19:39 -0600
Weydson Lima <weyseal@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just upgraded the kernel on my Debian box from 3.2 to 3.14
> for the first time and I have no sound on X anymore. How can I
> troubleshoot this issue?
>
> I do see the snd_hda_intel module being loaded, but I don't know
> what else I can do to solve this.

This is usually because you have 2 drivers, the intel and
the real one (most of the time a realtek); so, your real
audio (rtl) might have become the 2nd audio card.

Try to add a file in /etc/modprobe.d (eg: NAUGHTY_INTEL_SND.conf)
with a line in: options snd-hda-intel index=-2 (or whatever name
is your module's name, YMMV) and reboot.

--
Lawrence Radiation Laboratory keeps all its data in an old gray
trunk.