Re: Can't install Debian - USB keyboard doesn't turn on until Windows loads

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 01:39:45AM -0600, Kitty Cat wrote:

> I'm thinking that a previous owner turned off the legacy USB keyboard
> support in the CMOS and since there is no option for a PS/2 keyboard, I
> think it may be stuck without keyboard access at boot time.

If you can find a manual for the motherboard there should be a jumper to
clear CMOS which will reset the BIOS settings to defaults.
Alternatively, removing the CMOS battery for a few seconds will usually
achieve the same result. I would imagine that USB keyboard support would
be enabled in the default settings.

Cheers,
Tom

--
<Knghtbrd> hardcopy is for wussies
<Topher> computer program listings....next, on HardCopy