Re: Synaptic messed up

On 06/27/2014 03:18 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Thursday 26 June 2014 23:55:55 Maureen L Thomas wrote:
On 06/26/2014 05:40 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
# wheezy-updates, previously known as 'volatile'

# A network mirror was not selected during install.  The following
entries # are provided as examples, but you should amend them as
appropriate # for your mirror of choice.
#
# debhttp://ftp.debian.org/debian/  wheezy-updates main contrib
debhttp://http.us.debian.org/debian/  wheezy contrib non-free main
debhttp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian  wheezy-backports main non-free
deb-srchttp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian  wheezy-backports main
non-free debhttp://debian.cc.lehigh.edu/debian/  wheezy-updates main
deb-srchttp://debian.cc.lehigh.edu/debian/  wheezy-updates main
# deb-srchttp://ftp.debian.org/debian/  wheezy-updates main contrib
# wheezy-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
# A network mirror was not selected during install.  The following
entries # are provided as examples, but you should amend them as
appropriate # for your mirror of choice.
#
# debhttp://ftp.debian.org/debian/  wheezy-updates main contrib
debhttp://http.us.debian.org/debian/  wheezy contrib non-free main
debhttp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian  wheezy-backports main non-free
deb-srchttp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian  wheezy-backports main non-free
debhttp://debian.cc.lehigh.edu/debian/  wheezy-updates main
deb-srchttp://debian.cc.lehigh.edu/debian/  wheezy-updates main
# deb-srchttp://ftp.debian.org/debian/  wheezy-updates main contrib

This is what I got when I did

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
Sorry for delay.  Different time-zones!

That needs sorting!

I should have asked:  What GUI/DE (Graphical User Interface/Desktop
Environment) are you using?  (So I know what editors you are likely to have.
Yes, this can be done with Vi/Vim, but doesn't need to be.)  You need to edit
that!  I don't wonder that Synaptic is a little confused!  The beginnings of
all the lines are all run together.  It is also all over the shop.

Dealing with it can be quite easy.  Just let us know the answer to the above
question.

Lisi

I use Gnome 3. This is a new problem since I have used Debian for about 18 months and have never had this problem.