Re: rsync of mtp://[usb:001,012]/ ?

On 2014-06-27 04:11:41 PM, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> writes:
[...]
> The mtp protocol/file system is very problematic and doesn't appear to
> be handled well by linux at the moment, but I return to it every few
> months in the hope that it has progressed!

This has been my recent experience as well.

If you have installed some kind of android recovery in the bootloader,
you can ask it to 'mount usb', and then access it like a usb drive.
This is cumbersome to do often, so what I normally do is install an
ssh server and then use rsync over ssh to backup or transfer files.
Quicksshd is what I use to this end:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.quicksshd

MM