Re: rsync of mtp://[usb:001,012]/ ?

 Hi.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 06:41:08AM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> I have a mobile phone and a kindle fire, both of which can be manually
> mounted, but they are given names like "mtp://[usb:002,042]/" currently
> the kindle fire. And "mtp://[usb:001,012]/" which is the mobile
> phone.
>
> How can I do a rsync backup of them both, or any backup at all really,
> just in case the martians invade, again! :)

If it's really mounted (for example, back in the old days nautilus
didn't mount smb shares, although it could access them just fine) - all
you need to do is to run 'mount' and examine existing mountpoints.
Presumably your devices are mounted either somewhere inside your $HOME,
or inside /run/media/$USER. And if you get a mountpoint - it's a simple
matter of running 'rsync -Hax $MOUNTPOINT $YOUR_BACKUP'.

Reco