Re: is this sensible?

On Wed, June 25, 2014 1:57 am, François Patte wrote:

> Le 25/06/2014 10:49, Lisi Reisz a écrit :
>> On Wednesday 25 June 2014 09:32:22 François Patte wrote:
>>> I wanted to update my gthumb package (wich became ugly for an
>>> unknown reason....). So I asked:
>>>
>>> apt-get install gthumb

Before installing anything, always update.
This is what the machine is actually trying to do.

Update, so that everything is current, then install the required package
immediately, and you won't have that trouble.
Cheers!

Weaver
--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515