Re: Progress on my new Debian box

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:26:48 +0100
Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:

> Try again. The "often (re)written" directories are on a WD spinning
> disk. His data (not sure if that includes homes, but if not I would
> strongly advise it) is on yet another spinning disk.

Oops, I missed the comma :(

Manufacturers (or researchers) don't work very much on this
specific point, which is too bad; imagine a new generation
PCIe SSD: ~2GB/s write, ~3GB/s read and an almost infinite
lifetime.

My guess is that it already exists in labs, but will never
be commercialized for programmed obsolescence matters :((

--
<Yunzo> Imagine a jewish Santa.
<Yunzo> "Hi kids, what do I sell you?"