Re: dhclient changes IP address

Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> I have a system which comes up with one IP address 192.168.178.87 via
> dhclient, then after one day it gets eventually a different address
> 192.168.178.88 from my fritz.box, which runs the dhcp server:

On your fritz.box what does the dhcpd log to the syslog?

  grep dhcpd /var/log/syslog

And if you need to go back futher than a day:

  zgrep dhcpd /var/log/syslog* | less

Also very useful for debugging is the dhcpdump utility.

  $ apt-cache show dhcpdump

  Description-en: Parse DHCP packets from tcpdump
   This package provides a tool for visualization of DHCP packets as
   recorded and output by tcpdump to analyze DHCP server responses.

Bob