Re: [SOLVED] Re: wine-unstable 64 bit

Le 19.06.2014 16:22, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh a écrit :
On Thu, 19 Jun 2014, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
This syntax "$(command)" is not portable.

It is a POSIX shell construct. Anything that doesn't implement it should
not be linked to /bin/sh in the first place.

So I was wrong. Not really surprising honestly, but I think I have seen such assertion somewhere else from someone more knowledgeable than me.

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/utilities/xcu_chap02.html
section 2.6.3.

HOWEVER, $(something) and `something` are not equivalent in POSIX, they have different behavior re. expansion of "something". The code appears to be
using $() correctly, though.

What is the difference then? Expansion in shell is a frequent issue for me when I try to write my scripts.