Re: wine-unstable 64 bit

On Mon, 2014-06-09 at 11:45 +0200, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
> Never tried to do that myself, but it should work:
>
> _ install build-dependencies of the package you want ( #aptitude
> build-dep <package> )
> _ download the source package ( $apt-get source <package> )
> _ replace the source code with official one ( unarchive the file
> apt-get gave you, download upstream's source-code, unarchive it needed
> -- not if you use git for example --, search for source code in apt's
> stuff, replace it with upstream's )
> _ pray the gnu to not give you build errors ( it should not, but...
> should and will are different words, right? anyway we might be able to
> help you here if there are some )
> _ compile and make the package(s)
> _ install the packages
> _ try to use the package

The following example shows how to use a source from the Debian repos,
replace the source code with source code from upstream and to build a
new Debian package. This does work often, but also fails often, so good
luck!

"Here's a pragmatic way to make a .deb of libasound2 - alsa-lib-1.0.24.1

cd /tmp/
apt-get source libasound2
sudo apt-get build-dep libasound2
mv -vi alsa-lib-1.0.23/ alsa-lib-1.0.24.1
curl ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/lib/alsa-lib-1.0.24.1.tar.bz2 \
| tar xvj
cd alsa-lib-1.0.24.1
# edit debian/changelog -> alsa-lib (1.0.24.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
# edit debian/rules -> remove line 15-18 (biarch builds)
libtoolize --force --copy --automake
aclocal
autoreconf
debuild -b -us -uc