Re: Confict [debian installer] vs [installer documentation] ?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Although the problem exists in BOTH Squeeze and Wheezy but cannot be
> classed as a security issue won't it just be tagged "won't fix" and
> then ignored.

If the bug has already been fixed in the development version of the
installer, then the only thing that filing a bug will do is document it.

That said, filing a bug is good, and it's totally OK if all that you do
with a bug is mark it as fixed in the correct development version and
close it so that others can find the correct solution.

> I assume that's refers to something in "Package: reportbug". Can't use
> it - my only Linux machine is physically isolated from the internet.

No. That's for all bugs.

However, if you have no Debian machine which is connected to the
internet, you can still use whatever machine you used to send this mail
to interact with the BTS.

> Is the master document for Jessie's version of "Debian GNU/Linux
> Installation Guide" available? I would then be able to file a bug
> report against it for inconsistencies and missing information.

The latest version is here: http://d-i.debian.org/manual/

Information about that manual is here: https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#install

The subversion repository is here: svn co svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk/manual

A Bill of Rights that means what the majority wants it to mean is worthless.
 -- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia