Re: Confict [debian installer] vs [installer documentation] ?

Chris Bannister wrote:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 12:56:33PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

Should this bug be reported against installer or the documentation?
Having only dialup and thus unable to download Jessie, is it correct to
report it as a possible bug in Jessie also?

Use reportbug packagename where 'packagename' is your best educated
guess where the bug lies. Only report the bug once! Only report the bug
in the version of the package you found it.

Although the problem exists in BOTH Squeeze and Wheezy but cannot be classed as a security issue won't it just be tagged "won't fix" and then ignored.

Let the maintainer and reportbug handle the rest.

I'm not optimistic.

Add 'smtphost reportbug.debian.org' to ~/.reportbugrc for direct access.
:-)

I assume that's refers to something in "Package: reportbug". Can't use it - my only Linux machine is physically isolated from the internet.

On a related issue - I do *NOT* have available bandwidth to download install ISO's for Jessie etc.

Is the master document for Jessie's version of "Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide" available? I would then be able to file a bug report against it for inconsistencies and missing information.