Jessie installer hangs on UEFI hardware when creating EFI-fat16 partition

When installing Jessie on UEFI hardware, the installer hangs when it
attempts to create the EFI-fat16 partition.  I can still get a shell on
another virtual console.  After about 2 minutes syslog show a MCE
hardware error.

Using the Wheezy installer to create the partition works, and running
the Jessie installer after the Wheezy installer allows Jessie to be
installed.

I'm happy to create a bug report but I don't know which package to
report it under.  Does this fall under the cdrom package?

--
Peter Jones, Founder, Devalot.com
Defending the honor of good code