Re: weired packages policy

Am Montag, 16. Juni 2014, 12:13:32 schrieb Don Armstrong:

> > in sid, should move to testing and then to sid.
My fault! Should be " ......in sid, should move to testing and then to
stable..... (Sorry!)

eappear again testing,

> This is generally because the packages are specifically removed from
> testing due to unfixed release critical (RC) bugs or because they are
> blocking an ongoing transition.
>
> Assuming the RC bugs are fixed with a new upload to unstable, they will
> then be added to testing once the testing criteria are satisfied.

This is still unclear for me.
- remove the package in testing
- fix the package in unstable
- put it back to testing

Why not fix it directly in testing? I always thought, packages in testing are
already tested (for a time). Follwing your desription, it would be better, to
run sid than testing, as the fix is faster in sid, than in testing.

Additionally it is also possible, to miss packages in testing, but do not miss
them in unstable. Sorry, but this seems strange for me somehow.

I will not mourne, I am sure, you have good reasons for this behaviour, I
still do not quite understand it full at the moment.

Hans