Re: Fwd: Installation media

On 2014-06-15, roberto <roberto03@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> But something strange happened now!!
>
> After installing, I switched the laptop off and then on again. It worked
> fine.
>
> Then I switched it off and on a second time, and it shows:
> *GRUB loading*

Do you mean you actually just cut the power without cleanly shutting
down your brand spanking new debian wheezy?  That would be ill-advised.

> then
> *Welcome to Grub *
>
> and I'm prompted with the famous "grub>" prompt and basic shell.
> What? Where's my Debian now??
>
> Could you please give me some suggestion on this?

The simplest thing I can think of would be to boot your installation medium
into rescue mode, 'chroot' into /, and run 'update-grub'.

Other more knowledgeable members of this esteemed list might have better
ideas.