Re: Sound configuration failure in debian amd64...

On 06/12/2014 11:57 PM, Bret Busby wrote:
On 11/06/2014, Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello
this isTapas Das.....
I am a debian user for the last three years....first it was 32-bit
debian squeeze 6.0.0...
and now using amd64 version on P8H61-MLX motherboard (ASUS) with intel
core i3 processor.

The sound could not be configured....it was not configured just after
installation.....nor could be done by installing various libraries and
development packages available at the repositories. I am trying these
things for several months, but no good.

there's no use in installing ​dev packages and libraries ​(?) randomly,
you'd better of understanding what's going on.

The output generated by 'hwinfo' as superuser is as follows :

​this doesn't help, use `aplay -l` instead​

For this, I get

"
~# aplay -l
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC282 Analog [ALC282 Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
"

for, as stated in previous message;

"

"
:~$ lspci | grep audio
:~$ lspci | grep -i audio
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Haswell HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Lynx Point High Definition
Audio Controller (rev 05)
"

running Debian Linux 7.5 amd64 xfce on an Acer Inspire
V3-772G-747a161TBDWakk with the only hardware change from the supplied
congiguration, being a RAM upgrade to 32GB.
"

with no sound.

Can anyone help?

Try turning off or disabling Pulse Audio and see what happens.

--doug