Re: ntp and multiple OSes

On Friday, June 13, 2014 4:10:02 AM UTC+5:30, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > If you have indeed a UTC vs. local problem you need to check
> > /etc/adjtime on all systems. If all files show the same ntp can take
> > care of your hardware clock.

> Try this and see if it says something different between the two
> different booted operating systems.

>   # hwclock --debug

Thanks Bob
Ill keep that command in mind

For now the system(s) seem to be working.
- I kept the LOCAL version of the adjtime file
- Copied it to the other debian
- Removed ntp and kept only ntpdate (The other way was not working)

That seems to have settled the two debians.

The Ubuntu is giving me more serious problems than time -- crashes
randomly especially when using synaptic -- but I'm not upto debugging
that right now.