Re: [0.5 OT] How to grab some entry by command line

On 6/12/2014 8:13 AM, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to grab part of the CDS entry from
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/KF699528.2
>
> namely,
>
> "MLDHSSVNSTIAPGNLLNLPVWCYLLETEEGPILVDTGMPESAV
>                      NNEGLFNGTFVEGQILPKMTEEDRIVNILKRVGYEPDDLLYIISSHLHFDHAGGNGAF
>                      TNTPIIVQRTEYEAALHREEYMKECILPHLNYKIIEGDYEVVPGVQLLYTPGHSPGHQ
>                      SLFIETEQSGSILLTIDASYTKENFEDEVPFAGFDPELALSSIKRLKEVVAKEKPIIF
>                      FGHDIEQEKGCKVFPEYIPRAE"
>

> I tried to view the source code, but it doesn't show this part, and when
> I used
>
> wget http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/KF699528.2
>
> the thing I grabbed also doesn't show this part.
>
> Because I have lots of things with different end part
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/****
>
> so it is going to be nice to know how to get these html plain file which
> contains these sequence,
>
> can anyone points out something to let me go further,
>
> Thanks, lina

Lina,

Looking at the page source, the data are loaded via javascript
(specifically, JQuery).  You would either need a javascript interpreter
to handle the source page, or parse the page yourself to find out what
the source of the data you wish is.

Jerry