Re: Debian memtest package faulty? (was ... Re: hardware errors)

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 21:06 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> So you are saying the Debian and Ubuntu versions are buggy? Which "live
> media" version works for you?
>
> Have you filed a bug?
>
> Does the memtest86+ package work from the grub menu, for you?

I can't say if it would work from the GRUB menu now, but it didn't for
older Debain and Ubuntu installs. No, I didn't file a bug report, but
reported it at least to one *buntu devel mailing list. Btw. I don't know
if memtest from Arch Linux would work, I simply never installed it to my
Debians/*buntus and other installs anymore. There's a live media from
memtest. I'm to lazy to search for the link. I got false positives. A
perfect working machine got RAM errors already when starting the test,
but when using the memtest from the memtest live media, there were no
errors when running the test several times, each day for around a day.
This was repeatable.