Re: Listing packages installed from experimental

Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> writes:

>> When I run:
>>
>> $ aptitude search "~S ~i ~Aunstable"
>>
>> I get a lot more than only the packages that where installed from sid
>> though. The installed packages for which the version in Jessie and Sid
>> is the same are included in the list too.
>>
>> Is it possible to create a query in aptitude that shows the packages are
>> *really* taken from sid ?
>
> You can check from where these packages are coming with:
>
> aptitude search -F "%p %t %v" "~S ~i ~Aunstable"
>
> %p : name of package
> %t : name of archive
> %v : version
>
> Since Sven posted the same search, I have to assume that I haven't
> used the wrong short options. I don't have the time to check the
> documentation but you could try the long options just in case:
>
> aptitude search -F "%p %t %v" "?narrow(?installed,?archive(unstable)"

I added a missing closing brace, and piped the output to grep, and that
gives me the result I want:

$ aptitude search -F "%p %t %v"
"?narrow(?installed,?archive(unstable))"|grep -v testing

As the archive names are now listed in the output, I filter the output
further with grep.