Re: Listing packages installed from experimental

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 4:38 AM, Filip <filip@fbvnet.be> wrote:
> Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM, David Glover-Aoki <david@gloveraoki.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm running wheezy but have some packages installed from experimental.
>>>
>>> How can I list all the packages currently installed from experimental?
>>
>> aptitude search "~S ~i ~Aexperimental"
>
> That doesn't work as expected for me.
>
> I am running Jessie, with only one package from Sid, as verified with
> apt-show versions mentioned earlier, and confirmed with apt-cache
> policy.
>
> I have set the pin priority of sid to 1 in /etc/apt/preferences do that
> there is no automatic upgrade to the packages from unstable.
>
> When I run:
>
> $ aptitude search "~S ~i ~Aunstable"
>
> I get a lot more than only the packages that where installed from sid
> though. The installed packages for which the version in Jessie and Sid
> is the same are included in the list too.
>
> Is it possible to create a query in aptitude that shows the packages are
> *really* taken from sid ?

You can check from where these packages are coming with:

aptitude search -F "%p %t %v" "~S ~i ~Aunstable"

%p : name of package
%t : name of archive
%v : version

Since Sven posted the same search, I have to assume that I haven't
used the wrong short options. I don't have the time to check the
documentation but you could try the long options just in case:

aptitude search -F "%p %t %v" "?narrow(?installed,?archive(unstable)"