Re: [OFF-TOPIC :)] Re: Should I install chkrootkit?

I think this whole thing has gone too far. The response to this trolling cretin has led to a fragmentation wholly unlike the tenor of our normal Debian lists,
and, I regret to see, list members whom I hold in general high regard being attacked after their initial attempts to help or intervene.

I do not know if anyone could untangle the interlocking and overlaid posts around one person's troll aggression, and it certainly would not repay even five minutes effort to do so.

Over many years on this and other non-Debian lists, I think I perceive a pattern: the first signs of a troll are often given by their lack of willingness to find out for themselves, an unwillingness to understand the help and advice freely given, their failure to comprehend that list support has a cost, and, not least, their swift recourse to abuse and excuse.

They either do not know, or do not care, that the costs of the support they apparently seek is borne by the comparative few who offer all their hard earned learning and experience in providing such excellent support to the many. Added to this generosity is their priceless willingness of those able to help and support those less able, or trying to learn,

So, may I suggest, that at the first indication that a troll has infected our lists, we cut off his/her (or her/his!) oxygen supply by refusing to reply?

With luck this may stop my long time colleagues here from the stressful and abusive posts of the recent past, and, denied the recognition of a reply, the troll will find another bridge to hide under.

My best wishes to all you who support this list in such an excellent way. Long may the real list last!

On 8 June 2014 20:25, Diogene Laerce <me_buss777@yahoo.fr> wrote:

On 06/08/2014 08:54 PM, Bob Holtzman wrote:

>>> And is sadly starting to become an unfriendly and unwelcoming place.  Is
>>> racism really necessary or relevant?
>>>
>>> Lisi
>>>

>> Hello Lisi:
>>
>> It is not racism, the meaning is: "someone who wants to control the
>> World".If you know a proper word, please go ahead. I really do not know
>> it!
>
> Where did that definition com from? It definitely *is* racist and highly
> insulting!

Well if this list is not moderated.. Maybe it should.

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce