Systemd biting CUPS

For a couple of weeks now, printing with CUPS does not work in Jessie
after booting with systemd.
However: after booting with SysVinit, everything works fine.

With systemd, upgrading showed lots of errors concerning CUPS.
The problem is described here:
www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1208054.html
Those errors have gone lately, but printing still doesn't work with
systemd, even though the site mentions that it should be fixed in
CUPS 1.7.1-11, whilst CUPS in Jessie is already at 1.7.2-3.

E.g., LibreOffice sees no printers, it only lists a 'generic printer'
and the CUPS interface at http://localhost:631 is unreachable.

It strikes me that I have not seen it mentioned in this list yet.
Doesn't it affect others and is there perhaps an easy solution that
I'm missing?