Re: Remove unwanted, orphaned files and dependencies
On Tue, 2014-06-03 at 15:50 -0700, Horatio Leragon wrote:
> apt-get -f install
> means a "force" install, am I correct?
No, you aren't!
Fix; attempt to correct a system with broken dependencies in place." -
dpkg -i doesn't resolve dependencies.
"Before You Ask
Before asking a technical question by e-mail, or in a newsgroup, or on a
website chat board, do the following:
1. Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan
to post to.
2. Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
3. Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
4. Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
5. Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation." -