Re: Remove unwanted, orphaned files and dependencies

My knowledge and experience with aptitude is much better than with
apt/apt-get/apt-cache. As the first document comparing these tools I recommend
the one in the package "debian-reference-en" (or another language you prefer)
which of course is also available on the debian site.

The search option of aptitude is very versatile and from the man-page of
apt-cache(8) I couldn't find options equivalent to '~c' or '~g'.

apt-get has also a purge option but I haven't tried it on a list of already
removed packages.
--
Regards,
jvp.