Re: Sawfish and Openbox: was fastest linux distro

31.05.2014, 18:59, "Steve Litt" <slitt@troubleshooters.com>:
> On Sat, 31 May 2014 08:51:13 -0400
> Tony Baldwin <tony@tonybaldwin.info> wrote:
>>  Sawfish and openbox, even metacity would fit in this last "just
>>  manages windows" category, and, in fact, don't even include a panel,
>>  which I think JWM has by default.
>
> You're just the person I need to talk to, Tony. Right now I've switched
> over from Xfce to Openbox, and like it. Except for one thing: the fonts
> look a whole lot worse on Openbox, and I have very bad vision, so this
> isn't aesthetics: It affects the speed at which I work. Do you know of
> a way to make fonts on Openbox look like the ones on Xfce?

I would make an .Xdefaults/.Xresources in your home folder with this e.g.:

Xft.autohint: 0
Xft.antialias: 1
Xft.hinting: true
Xft.hintstyle: hintslight
Xft.dpi: 96
Xft.rgba: rgb
Xft.lcdfilter: lcddefault

or install lxappearance to adjust fonts.
--
David Dusanic