Re: Sawfish and Openbox: was fastest linux distro
- To: Steve Litt <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Sawfish and Openbox: was fastest linux distro
- From: David Dušanić <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 13:18:11 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20140531125906.3d47ba88@mydesk>
- References: <CAFKYrxqwx0DqymaRQKnuOjDcwWvZoatc2uY+iBOs8-mTP4V5XA@mail.gmail.com> <20140529001532.GA7236@localhost.localdomain> <20140529130413.4919eb00@mydesk> <20140529200206.GC6526@sid.nuvreauspam> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1401395964.3213.5.camel@archlinux> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20140530140953.62f60545@mydesk> <20140531125113.GA19969@localhost.localdomain> <20140531125906.3d47ba88@mydesk>
31.05.2014, 18:59, "Steve Litt" <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On Sat, 31 May 2014 08:51:13 -0400
> Tony Baldwin <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Sawfish and openbox, even metacity would fit in this last "just
>> manages windows" category, and, in fact, don't even include a panel,
>> which I think JWM has by default.
> You're just the person I need to talk to, Tony. Right now I've switched
> over from Xfce to Openbox, and like it. Except for one thing: the fonts
> look a whole lot worse on Openbox, and I have very bad vision, so this
> isn't aesthetics: It affects the speed at which I work. Do you know of
> a way to make fonts on Openbox look like the ones on Xfce?
I would make an .Xdefaults/.Xresources in your home folder with this e.g.:
or install lxappearance to adjust fonts.