Re: MB ASUS H97M-PLUS

op 28-05-14 15:10, Aldo Maggi schreef:
> I want to upgrade my pc, the seller has proposed the above mobo, is
> anyone using it? compatibility problems?

I have experience with the h81M-plus, a cheep mainboard for 4th
generation Intel processors. I think you will have my problems, and
maybe others.

3D from Intel processors does not work, but you can use another VGA card
or use only 2D. Using a backported kernel does not help in stable, you
need other packages what are not backported.

I had a little problems with the regulation of the sound-volume, but
it's not a big problem. When you put the volume on 50%, the volume is
0%, when you put it on 75%, it's 50%. A newer kernel helps.

If you want maximum compatibility with Debian stable, you better choose
a mainboard for 3th generation Intel processors. But a mainboard for 4th
generation Intels is not a big problem.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl