Re: Installing Thunderbird

On 05/26/2014 12:29 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
On 05/26/2014 08:18 AM, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
Dear List -

Will you please give me instructions how to install Thunderbird. I've tried multiple methods listed on the web to no avail.  I am not satisfied with Icedove; eg, never have been able to start from the desktop icon, inability to prevent it from running in the background, which makes it impossible to read my email from webmail, since icedove is set to remove the mail from the server after it is downloaded.

What's wrong in unchecking the "remove email from server"?