Re: Can't force unmount device

 Hi.

On Mon, 26 May 2014 08:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
"Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271828@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I end up having to power the computer down, which is extremely annoying.

Try 'unmount -l' for the offending filesystem. It is usually enough to
fool suspend scripts into 'no nfs mounted, really' state.

> What could be causing this? Ive googled this up and down but still dont know what to try.

What version of NFS are you using? Are you using 'hard' mount option
(hint: don't). Did you tried 'intr' mount option?

I've seen similar things for NFS4 with Kerberos authentication if
client desynchronise with a server (~10 minutes of clock difference).

Reco