Re: friends laptop, no mic found -[SOLVED]

under pavucontrol -> configuration

When selecting a device, I was not checking the correct one.

I compared my hp laptop with the friends, and I was never selecting the
"stereo duplex" option

Popped that into the laptop this AM, and suddenly everything work.

Thank you all

--
Rodney D. Myers <rod_dmyers@fastmail.fm>

        Ben Franklin - 1759