Re: MTP support in Jessie fails

On 2014-05-20 07:11, Carl Fink wrote:
> The Media Transfer Protocol is not working correctly on my Jessie system,
> updated yesterday. Here's a transcript of syslog when I plug in my
> MTP-enabled phone:

MTP is "not working so well" under Linux IMHO.

> Any suggestions? If I don't find a solution fairly soon I will file a bug.

Of all MTP stuff that I tested so far [1] I can recommend go-mtpfs the
most because it's fast [2] and reliable IMHO:

sudo apt-get install golang fuse git-core libmtp-dev libfuse-dev
sudo adduser $USER fuse
mkdir /tmp/go
GOPATH=/tmp/go go get github.com/hanwen/go-mtpfs
sudo mv /tmp/go/bin/go-mtpfs /usr/bin/
mkdir ~/
go-mtpfs ~/myphone &

Unmounting:

fusermount -u ~/myphone

HTH, ändu

[1] kio-mtp, mtp-tools, jmtpfs, go-mtpfs
[2] Reading a folder with thousands of files on the sdcard took all
other tools _very_ long except for go-mtpfs.