Re: Debian 5

Jim,

Within a few hundred yards of your facility, if its on UofP home
campus, is a world center of computing experts, maybe several world
centers. Many of the computer experts in these centers are also
experts on Debian and some of them may have had a hand in the original
setting up of the computer. Search locally for help, UofP and
Carnegie-Mellon both must have student computer clubs if you can't get
immediate local help through official academic channels. Surely there
are qualified local people who can stop by and actually see what you
describe.

I doubt that your requests for help will be rejected.
Paul C.