Re: set higher verbosity in exim4 output

Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> writes:

> Oops. I forgot you have to provide an address on the command line, which is the
> address to which the test message is sent, e.g.
>
>> sudo /usr/sbin/exim4 -v jmtd@debian.org
>
>> Using -d and sudo I get a heap of interesting info but am not allowed
>> to send anything.
>
> Sorry yes you need a recipient address for -d too,
>
>> Trying /usr/sbin/exim4 -v $recip < somefile

I'm a bit confused here.  When you say a recipient address which I
thought I had used in all cases.

Do you mean something more than:
/usr/sbin/exim4 -v $recipient <message.file

  > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . which is the
  > address to which the test message is sent, e.g.

So are you talking about something more than above or what?

[...]

> Hrmpph. That's odd. Would you mind sharing your exim config? either
> /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf or /var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated,
> assumimg they don't contain anything private.

Ok, sure, but understand it is in progress and very likely to be
pretty sorry.

And also understnd this is probably about the third reconfigure so
I've tried a few things that do not appear in this one.  Here I tried
masquerading  one of my mail providers domain.  I've also tried it
without that.

/etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf

  dc_eximconfig_configtype='satellite'
  dc_other_hostnames='vd.local.lan'
  dc_local_interfaces='127.0.0.1 ; ::1 ; 192.168.1.33'
  dc_readhost='newsguy.com'
  dc_relay_domains=''
  dc_minimaldns='false'
  dc_relay_nets=''