Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On 19/05/14 22:00, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> wrote:
>> > I wouldn't call real estate a form of intellectual property; it's very
>> > physical. Real, even. On the other hand, I would still treat it
>> > differently from ordinary property, on the basis that it will continue
>> > to exist essentially for ever, well beyond the lifetime of the current
>> > owner. As such, I feel that while some form of 'ownership' is generally
>> > ok, it should be considered more like custodianship - the current owner
>> > shouldn't be free to drain it of all its resources, and leave nothing
>> > for the next.
> This is, in fact, a very Godly and Scriptural view. The earth is the
> Lord's, and everything in it [1], and people are given the charge of
> taking care of it and putting it to work [2].

Heh - it may be a view taken by the Godly and Scriptual, but I'm very
much neither of those :-)

I can accept God as a metaphor for nature, what has happened, etc etc
and end up with similar views, but not as absolute fact.

We seem to be even further off topic now - perhaps I should find and
subscribe to that other list people keep talking about ...

Richard