Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On 18/05/14 06:40 PM, Tom H wrote:
On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:
So I am free to build a fence on public property that denies my neighbour
the right to access his house? That seems to be the crux of your argument.
You ought to go in to politics because this is yet another ridiculous
parallel of the kind that politicians use to fool voters.

In what way are Mozilla, Adobe, or a copyright holder building a fence
on public property when a user freely installs a plugin on his/her own
computer in order to download restricted content? It's all done
without impinging on anyone else's property or liberty.
The Internet is public property in the same way the roads that connect us are. DRM is a fence. My right to use things that I pay for is restricted by DRM.