Re: FSF condemns partnership between Mozilla and Adobe to support Digital Restrictions Management

On 5/18/2014 2:41 PM, Lee Winter wrote:

It does not limit fair use.  The term "fair use" has a technical
definition in copyright law that provides an exception to the
requirement for permission from the publisher.  That discussion is way
beyond the scope of this one.  And that discussion is irrelevant to this
one I think.

Lee Winter
Nashua, New Hampshire (Live Free or Die)
United States of America

Lee,

Unfortunately, too many people think that if something's on the Internet, "fair use" means they can use it (almost) any way they want.

And while I think that discussion is relevant to this one, I also agree it is well beyond the scope of what can reasonably be discussed here.

Jerry