Re: Tails

On 05/18/2014 05:05 AM, Francesco Ariis wrote:
On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 10:59:31PM -0700, Bob Holtzman wrote:
Lighten up, lad and stop taking all things literally.
Far from be being a Thought Policeman, I felt uneasy reading the OP and
some of the replies.

Back OT, someone please tell to the investigative journalist that
using Tails or any other OS on a compromised machine is a risky choice.
I am sure I am preaching to the choir here, but I found people who don't
otherwise take interest in security may think that a bootable USB will
magically shield them from, say, a hardware key-logger.

Is it possible to remotely install some kind of software onto the
BIOS chip? That's what it would seem to require, short of having
physical access to the machine.

--doug