Re: Tails

Oh, for crying out loud.

Look, guys, Weaver just used an unfortunate turn of phrase, one that
is very easily interpreted in a way that would be really
inappropriate, but was clearly not meant that way. I'm sure none of
you guys have ever used words that could be misinterpreted?

Артур's comments had to have been an inappropriate jest, although I'm
sure he intended to communicate the same thing that Brian intended.

Maybe the tail mailing list would be more appropriate, but the problem
is finding people in Brazil who would be willing to do a "free service
gig" by dd-ing an image of (debian-derived) tail onto a USB for the
journalist and introducing her to an appropriate local user group. A
debian user group would probably be easier to find than a tail user
group.

Life is not a nihilist novel, and we do not have to interpret
everything people say in such terms.

(sigh)

--
Joel Rees