Re: Vertualbox installation errors

On Vi, 16 mai 14, 22:25:04, Linux-Fan wrote:

> As others already suggested, you are likely to use a mixed AMD64 + i386
> system which confuses the automatic installation of Virtualbox' kernel
> modules.

No, I believe it's much more simpler that that:

$ apt-cache show dkms
Package: dkms
Version: 2.2.0.3-1.2
Recommends: fakeroot, menu | sudo, linux-headers-686-pae | linux-headers-amd64 | linux-headers-generic | linux-headers, linux-image

As you can see, linux-headers-686-pae is listed before
linux-headers-amd64 and apt/itude simply installs the first one, because
it can't determine which one you really need.

Even if the OP installs the correct kernel headers, the i386 virtualbox
(which the OP has installed) will *not* work with the -amd64 kernel,
regardless of his architecture:

Kind regards,
Andrei